Listen on your favorite platform or watch on youtube!
In this episode, I am joined by Luke Way and Dr. Andrew Sellers to discuss respiratory muscle training and the Breatheway device. We explore the importance of training the respiratory system and how it can impact performance. We also discuss the limitations of the respiratory system and how respiratory muscle training can help overcome them. Overall, we provide valuable insights into the importance of respiratory muscle training for optimizing athletic potential.
1) Respiratory muscle training is an important aspect of optimizing athletic performance.
2) The respiratory system can be a limiting factor in performance, and training the respiratory muscles can help overcome these limitations.
3) Slow, deep breathing can have a positive impact on heart rate and overall performance.
4) Assessments such as spirometry and VO2 testing can determine the need for respiratory training.
5) Functional power and total volume are important factors to consider in respiratory assessments.
Enjoying these podcasts, subscribe to get notified when new episodes are released.
If you have a question or topic you want us to address, leave a comment!
Follow Phil on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/criticalo2
Follow the Breathe Way System at Isocapnic on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/isocapnic/
Or check out their website - https://isocapnic.com/isocapnic
00:00 Introduction to Respiratory Muscle Training
03:02 Understanding the Respiratory System and its Limitations
12:30 The Journey of Developing the Breatheway Device
19:20 The Role of Respiratory Muscles in Performance
25:05 The Importance of Training the Respiratory System
32:09 The Respiratory Metaboreflex and its Impact on Performance
36:02 The Difficulty of Breathing and its Effect on Performance
39:19 The Benefits of Slow Breathing and its Impact on Heart Rate
40:31 The Feedback Cycle between Breathing and Anxiety
41:31 Managing Anxiety and Panic Attacks
42:23 Assessments for Respiratory Training
46:59 Training Recommendations based on Assessments
49:13 Mission Statement: Helping People Breathe Better
50:09 Contact Information